Lisa Chesters MP has become a well-known face around central Victoria after being elected as the Federal Member for Bendigo in September 2013.
Lisa is the first woman to be elected as the Federal Member for Bendigo which is an electorate that has existed since Federation.
Lisa’s maiden speech to Parliament reflected on the successes of the Bendigo region. She also spoke of her experiences growing up as the daughter of migrant small business owners, and advocated for public health, education and workers’ rights.
Since being elected, Lisa has been particularly vocal on important local issues including:
- Local jobs
- A strong and reliable healthcare system
- Upgrades to Central Victoria’s communication network, including the NBN.
- Universal access to childcare and a well-funded education sector
- Community inclusiveness and tolerance
- A just transition to a cleaner and greener renewable energy based economy and community
Lisa lives in Bendigo with her partner Matt, daughter Daisy Jane and son Charlie Peter.
Lisa loves central Victoria. She is often spotted exploring local towns, walking her dog Flash and buying her trademark double shot espressos.
Lisa enjoys cooking, gardening and reading.